archaeologistnoun(US also archeologist) uk /ˌɑː.kiˈɒl.ə.dʒɪst/ us /ˌɑːr.kiˈɑː.lə.dʒɪst/
- A team of archaeologists are working on a previously undisturbed area of the abbey grounds.
- She wanted to be an archaeologist and took part in several digs in her youth.
- Archaeologists have uncovered the remains of an Anglo-Saxon settlement.
- The site of the temple was discovered by a group of amateur archaeologists.
- He is an archaeologist who recently excavated an extraordinary Olmec site in Mexico.