ariseverb [ I ]uk /əˈraɪz/ us /əˈraɪz/ arose, arisen
arise verb [ I ] (HAPPEN)
C1 formal to happen:
- If any complications arise, let me know and I'll help.
- Problems arise if the parents' approach to discipline is inconsistent.
- An occasion may arise when you can use your knowledge of French.
- An unforeseen difficulty has arisen.
- His reputation for carelessness was established long before the latest problems arose.
arise verb [ I ] (GET UP)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: