armnounuk /ɑːm/ us /ɑːrm/
arm noun (BODY PART)
arm noun (WEAPONS)
arm noun (OF LAND/WATER)
arm noun (OF ORGANIZATION)
armverbuk /ɑːm/ us /ɑːrm/
- The police have to arm themselves against attack.
- In arming the dictator, the US was creating a Frankenstein who would threaten their influence in the region.
- Rioters armed with firebombs set light to police barricades.
- If he's not armed, don't shoot.
- War seemed inevitable and both sides were arming in preparation.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: