armournoun [ U ]UK US armor uk /ˈɑː.mər/ us /ˈɑːr.mɚ/
- These Roman soldiers would have worn armour made from overlapping bands of iron.
- The gun fires a shell capable of piercing the armour of an enemy tank.
- At the Tower of London we saw some amazing suits of armour.
- Why wasn't the police officer wearing body armour in such a dangerous situation?
- The museum contains a fine collection of medieval arms and armour.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: