arrangeverbuk us /əˈreɪndʒ/
arrange verb (PLAN)
- My secretary will phone you to arrange a meeting.
- The company will arrange transport from the airport.
- I've specially arranged my trip so that I'll be home on Friday evening.
- We've arranged to stay overnight at my sister's house.
- They tried to arrange a ceremony with as little fuss as possible.
arrange verb (PUT IN POSITION)
- I'll have to do some thinking about how best to arrange the books.
- The desks were arranged in rows of ten.
- I've arranged the pictures of the animals alphabetically from aardvark to zebra.
- I've arranged the books alphabetically so don't muddle them up.
- We arranged the chairs in a semicircle.
arrange verb (MUSIC)