- She has an authoritative manner that at times is almost arrogant.
- I watched the interview and thought he seemed quite arrogant.
- He manages to exude confidence without being arrogant.
- Like a lot of hospital consultants, he terrifies his patients with his arrogant manner.
- If I say I'm a leading economic expert, won't that sound rather arrogant?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- (as) proud as Lucifer idiom
- a cut above idiom
- airs and graces idiom
- as if you owned the place idiom
- be too clever by half idiom
- get on your high horse idiom
- put on the dog idiom
- revolve around sb/sth
noun [ U ] uk /ˈær.ə.ɡəns/ us /ˈer-/
- I was amazed by the breathtaking arrogance of the man!
- Once he reached a position of power, he allowed himself to be taken over by greed and arrogance.
- If you show total belief in your ability, it can be seen as arrogance.
- The group talk with a charming lack of arrogance about their sudden rise to stardom
- The professor's arrogance and vanity made her unpopular with colleagues and students alike.