art noun (EXPRESSION)
an art teacher
an exhibition of Native American art
The Frick is an art gallery in New York.
- Most people on the board of governors have an arts degree.
- The government announced today that it is to cut funding for the arts for next year.
- He was accomplished in all the arts.
- He wanted science students to take an interest in the arts, and to this end he ran literature classes at his home on Sunday afternoons.
- She was recently appointed Dean of the Faculty of Arts at my university.
- I know enough about art to recognize a masterpiece when I see one.
- We went to a lecture on Italian art.
- He gave a talk on the representation of women in 19th-century art.
- He's an expert on 15th-century Italian art.
- He is skilled in the art of public debate.
art noun (NOT SCIENCE)
art noun (SKILL)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: