art noun (EXPRESSION)
an art teacher
an exhibition of Native American art
The Frick is an art gallery in New York.
- Most people on the board of governors have an arts degree.
- The government announced today that it is to cut funding for the arts for next year.
- He was accomplished in all the arts.
- He wanted science students to take an interest in the arts, and to this end he ran literature classes at his home on Sunday afternoons.
- She was recently appointed Dean of the Faculty of Arts at my university.