ask verb (QUESTION)
ask yourself sth
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- agonize over/about sth
- chew sth over
- chew the cud idiom
- chew your cud idiom
- joined-up thinking
- lateral thinking
- let me see/let's see idiom
- let's see idiom
- take sth into account idiom
- the thought crosses sb's mind idiom
- think sth out
- think sth over
- think sth through
ask verb (REQUEST)
ask verb (INVITE)
UK I've asked David to the party.
"Are you going to Muriel's party?" "No, I haven't been asked."
ask verb (EXPECT)
He asks too much of me - I can't always be there to help him.
- They were asking £180,000 for the place, so I put in an offer of £170,000.
- They're asking £60,000 for their flat, but the market price is nearer £55,000.
- We thought they were asking a very high price.
- I thought being asked to miss my lunch was a bit much.
- To expect me to look after her kids all day is asking a bit much.