aspirationnounuk /ˌæs.pɪˈreɪ.ʃən/ us /-pɚˈeɪ-/
aspiration noun (HOPE)
- It is important to encourage children's dreams and aspirations.
- Do these house and garden makeover shows really reflect the aspirations of the average British family?
- Having had little education herself, she had very high educational aspirations for her children.
- He worked hard to fulfil his childhood aspiration to become a surgeon.
- Trade union leaders said they were fighting for the hopes and aspirations of their members.