assemblynounuk /əˈsem.bli/ us /əˈsem.bli/
assembly noun (MEETING)
- Everyone would go into the hall for assembly and then afterwards we'd go to our respective classes.
- He is an elected member of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
- Are you in favour of setting up regional assemblies to legislate on local matters?
- If you don't organize the demonstration properly the police will say it's an illegal assembly.
- We have an assembly for the whole college three times a term, with class and group assemblies once a week.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
assembly noun (JOINING)