assistancenoun [ U ]uk /əˈsɪs.təns/ us /əˈsɪs.təns/
come to sb's assistance
› to help someone
- She clasped her hands, and glancing upward, seemed to implore divine assistance.
- We always try to accommodate our clients with financial assistance if necessary.
- If you need any assistance, press the buzzer.
- The conference was aimed at boosting economic assistance to post-Taliban Afghanistan.
- You might be entitled to receive financial assistance from the university.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words