association noun (GROUP)
The Football Association
- The school is affiliated with a national association of driving schools.
- It falls to me to thank you for all you have done for the association.
- The association needs to win back former members who have allowed their subscriptions to lapse.
- As chairman of the association, he held office for over 20 years.
- The aim of the association is to perpetuate the skills of traditional furniture design.
association noun (INVOLVEMENT)
her association with the university
- His wife's association with a former criminal was a constant source of embarrassment for the prime minister.
- He began his long association with the New York City Opera in 1943.
- The book was published in association with a local charity.
- This part of the country held many pleasant associations for her.
- People were suspicious of his past association with right-wing groups.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: