assurancenounuk /əˈʃɔː.rəns/ us /əˈʃʊr.əns/
assurance noun (PROMISE)
- Despite repeated assurances that the product is safe, many people have stopped buying it.
- The fact that the number of deaths from cancer in the area has doubled surely gives the lie to official assurances of the safety of nuclear power.
- The management gave their assurances that there would be no more job losses.
- Despite assurances that the vaccine was safe, many parents chose to ignore government advice.
- The council has given assurances that the new building development will not encroach on public land.
assurance noun (INSURANCE)