athleticsnoun [ U ]uk /æθˈlet.ɪks/ us /æθˈlet̬.ɪks/
- Woodford is the captain of the British athletics team.
- There was a big controversy over the use of drugs in athletics.
- She is a fine runner and a well-known figure in Scottish amateur athletics.
- We love to watch the Olympics - especially the athletics.
- When did you first get interested in athletics, and why did you specialize in long jump?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: