attachverb [ T ]uk /əˈtætʃ/ us /əˈtætʃ/
attach verb [ T ] (CONNECT)
In the UK , packets of cigarettes come with a government health warning attached to them (= on them).
- Make sure the rope is firmly attached before attempting to climb down it.
- The babies in this unit have various devices attached to them which monitor the vital signs.
- Did you remember to attach a label to the present?
- I bought some special glue you can use for attaching sequins to fabric.
- Attach the long nozzle to the vacuum cleaner if you want to clean in awkward places.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
attach verb [ T ] (COMPUTING)
- The email had a very long file attached which took ages to download.
- I will email you when I've finished, attaching the edited files.
- When you get an email, there'll be a paperclip symbol next to it if there is something attached to it.
- There may be a virus in the file that is attached, so don't open it.
- It's easy to attach documents - you just click on the 'insert' button here.