attribute sth to sb
— phrasal verb with attribute uk /əˈtrɪb.juːt/ us /əˈtrɪb.juːt/ verb
- To what do you attribute your longevity?
- In a coda to the main exhibition are various works which were once attributed to Rembrandt.
- In this period, there were 974 outbreaks of communicable disease attributed to the consumption of raw milk.
- She attributes her record-breaking speed to the length of her stride.
- In 1953 he died of a heart attack attributed to drugs, alcohol and insomnia.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words