automaticallyadverbuk /ˌɔː.təˈmæt.ɪ.kəl.i/ us /ˌɑː.t̬əˈmæt̬.ɪ.kəl.i/
automatically adverb (INDEPENDENTLY)
- If you are continuing on an onward flight, your bags will be transferred automatically.
- The clock automatically readjusts when you enter a new time zone.
- The data is validated automatically by the computer after it has been entered.
- Does this camera wind on automatically?
- If the cabin depressurizes, oxygen masks will automatically drop down.
automatically adverb (NOT CONSCIOUSLY)
- ad hoc
- ad lib
- against (all) the odds/against all odds idiom
- all at once idiom
- all of a sudden idiom
- it's just one of those things idiom
- just like that idiom
- make sth up as you go along idiom
- muddle along
- undreamed of
automatically adverb (CERTAINLY)
- all roads lead to Rome idiom
- be (only) a matter of time idiom
- be damned if you do and damned if you don't idiom
- be nothing for it idiom
- be part and parcel of sth idiom
- it can't be helped idiom