awarenessnoun [U]uk /əˈweə.nəs/ us /əˈwer.nəs/
- The leaflet has been produced with the aim of increasing public awareness of the disease.
- There is a growing awareness of the seriousness of this disease.
- Greenpeace works to promote awareness of the dangers that threaten our planet today.
- This task is designed to test the child's spatial awareness.
- The campaign has certainly succeeded in raising public awareness of the issue.
- as every schoolboy/schoolchild knows idiom
- at/in the back of your mind idiom
- be ahead of the game idiom
- be in the loop/be out of the loop idiom
- general knowledge
- have a nodding acquaintance with sb/sth idiom
- have a passing/slight/nodding acquaintance with sth idiom