backingnounuk /ˈbæk.ɪŋ/ us /ˈbæk.ɪŋ/
backing noun (SUPPORT)
- Parker's solo on 'A Night in Tunisia' was so amazing that the pianist backing him simply stopped playing.
- The rock-star arrived in London with her usual entourage of dancers and backing singers.
- Government backing will be essential if the project is to succeed.
- Will financial backing for the theatre project be forthcoming?
- We need to get the backing of someone in authority.
backing noun (MUSIC)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: