badly adverb (UNPLEASANTLY)
- The way he was shouting, you'd have thought he was badly hurt.
- Both buildings were badly damaged by the fire.
- The bush looked badly diseased, with black marks on all the leaves.
- I think he feels a lot of anger towards his father who treated him very badly as a child.
- It's hard to believe that he could treat his own family so badly.
badly adverb (IN A BAD WAY)
- He's always badly dressed.
- The pot had been badly glazed.
- The talk she gave was incoherent and badly prepared.
- The team has performed very badly this season.
- The whole report is badly written.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words