baggage roomnoun [ C usually singular ]uk /ˈbæɡ.ɪdʒ ˌruːm/ us /ˈbæɡ.ɪdʒ ˌruːm/ US UK left-luggage office
Examples from literature
- Arriving at the station he insisted upon carrying it to the baggage room for us.
- I gave in at once—one always does with them—and inquired of the porter the location of the baggage room.
- The station master kindly permitted him to deposit his trunk in the baggage room, and to leave it there for the remainder of the week.
- The tip of a dollar secured the attention of the man in the baggage room.
- You 'll see him there on the platform, or, perhaps, in the baggage room.