baggagenoun [ U ]uk /ˈbæɡ.ɪdʒ/ us /ˈbæɡ.ɪdʒ/
baggage noun [ U ] (BAGS)
How many pieces of baggage do you have?
We had to pay extra for our excess baggage (= our bags and suitcases that weighed more than was allowed).
- Fiona took so much baggage with her, we had difficulty getting it all on the coach.
- No one is allowed on the plane unless their baggage has been thoroughly checked.
- Can we leave our baggage at the hotel until it is time to leave for the airport?
- Passengers are allowed 20 kilos of baggage, plus one item of hand luggage.
- I asked Dad to look after the baggage while I went to buy the tickets.
baggage noun [ U ] (FEELINGS)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words