baizenoun [ U ]uk /beɪz/ us /beɪz/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- A plain green baize carpet covered about half the floor, and the remainder was of red brick.
- The church aisle was separated from the vestibule only by two green baize doors.
- The men often wear a long cloak reaching to the heels, always hanging open in front, and generally lined with bright green baize.
- The table was covered with green baize stretched tightly over it.
- There is no pulpit in it, but a small table and a chair are placed for the pastor on a low platform covered with green baize.