ball bearingnoun [ C ]uk /ˌbɔːl ˈbeə.rɪŋ/ us /ˌbɑːl ˈber.ɪŋ/
Examples from literature
- Chrome steel is also hard and tough and finds use in files, ball bearings and projectiles.
- In this place young women were employed to sort the ball bearings which went into the machines.
- Q. How often should the ball bearings be oiled?
- The rims were so nicely adjusted with ball bearings that the smallest blow would send them spinning around, therefore a shell could not penetrate because it would glance off.
- They work on ball bearings.