ballisticsnoun [ U ]uk /bəˈlɪs.tɪks/ us /bəˈlɪs.tɪks/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Ballistics —the science dealing with the motion of projectiles.
- Finally, the ballistics expert was brought back to the stand again, to link the two by means of fragments found in the car.
- It was during the sixteenth century that the science of ballistics had its beginning.
- Then they worked out its performance with ballistics formulas.
- There are many problems in the ballistics of archery that are unsolved, waiting the experiments of modern science.