band noun (MUSICIANS)
- The band played a familiar tune which had everyone clapping along.
- After the band stopped playing, people drifted away in twos and threes.
- This week the band did the last gig of their world-tour.
- He used to be the lead singer in a rock 'n' roll band.
- The band played a slow dance.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
band noun (STRIP)
C2 [ C ] a thin, flat piece of cloth, elastic, metal, or other material put around something to fasten it or make it stronger, or a long, narrow piece of colour, light, etc. that is different from what surrounds it: