bandananoun [ C ]mainly UK US usually bandanna uk /bænˈdæn.ə/ us /bænˈdæn.ə/
Examples from literature
- He wore on his head a red bandana handkerchief.
- Her skin was very dark, and her head closely wrapped in a dark bandana, from which this gray hair peeped at intervals forming a frame for her face.
- She was immaculate about her person and clothes and always wore a red bandana around her head.
- They admired her bright bandana headdress and thought her the most interesting person in the world.
- With great dignity he unwound his bandana handkerchief from his old fiddle and proceeded to tune for the fray.