banditnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbæn.dɪt/ us /ˈbæn.dɪt/
Examples from literature
- A train traveling through the West was held up by masked bandits.
- At the wedding-feast she learns that he is a mere bandit, leader of a band of robbers that infests the country.
- He called to the rest of the bandits and gave crisp instructions.
- Holes were cut in the masks through which the bandits could see.
- The hero is a bandit and an outlaw, and he is doomed to failure because of the superior power of organised society arrayed against him.