bangverbuk /bæŋ/ us /bæŋ/
bang verb (NOISE)
- "Going... going... gone! " said the auctioneer, banging down the hammer.
- "Open up - it's the police!" shouted the police officer, banging on the door.
- Before I bang the nails in, would you say this picture was level?
- I could hear my brother banging his drums before I'd even got to his house.
- A door banged and footsteps ran along the corridor overhead.
bang verb (HIT)
bangnoun [C]uk /bæŋ/ us /bæŋ/
bang noun [C] (NOISE)
bang noun [C] (HIT)
bangexclamationuk /bæŋ/ us /bæŋ/
bangadverbuk /bæŋ/ us /bæŋ/ informal