bank managernoun [ C ]uk /ˈbæŋk ˌmæn.ɪ.dʒər/ us /ˈbæŋk ˌmæn.ə.dʒɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Many people remain suspicious of tattoos, and while tattooed pop stars are acceptable, tattooed bank managers are not.
- Besides the paternal affection with which the bank manager regarded his cashier, another tie tended to make their relations all the stronger and more personal.
- Heaps of money, answered the bank manager.
- My own idea is that he'll turn out to be nothing but a bank manager, or perhaps a stockbroker.
- The Chinese ambassador stepped out with more haste than I had ever seen him use, and by his side a man in dark clothes and silk hat, who from the first I suspected to be a bank manager.
- The county judge had been entertained there, and the wife of the bank manager.