bantamnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbæn.təm/ us /ˈbæn.t̬əm/
Examples from literature
- Every one who has visited the poultry shows of the past few years must have been delighted and impressed to see the beautiful varieties of bantams.
- The little pheasants ran through the orchard and the little bantam hen followed them.
- Then again there are rabbits in the stable and very tame pigeons and the tiniest of bantams.
- There were eggs that a tiny bantam hen had laid, made into an omelette with very rare herbs from the castle kitchen garden.
- Yes, Peter is my pet bantam rooster, said George.