barbecuenounuk /ˈbɑː.bɪ.kjuː/ us /ˈbɑːr.bə.kjuː/ UK or Australian English informal barbie, written abbreviation BBQ
He made some salads to have with the barbecue.
- Ask your father whether he bought any charcoal for the barbecue.
- It rained, so the barbecue had to be postponed.
- The supermarket sells a range of food ideal for summer barbecues.
- There was a lovely smell drifting over from the neighbours' barbecue.
- Make sure you light the barbecue in plenty of time, and I'll prepare the food.