baseboardnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈbeɪs.bɔːd/ us /ˈbeɪs.bɔːrd/ US UK skirting board
Examples from literature
- A baseboard or wall outlet is convenient for connecting a heater, curling-iron, and other electrically heated devices.
- A crack between flooring and baseboard may be the air leak that has caused the trouble.
- Baseboard and moldings should also be treated in this way.
- Much of this can easily be corrected by closing the cracks, usually found in older houses, between flooring and walls at the baseboards.
- You will observe in this photograph that the panels between doors and windows are filled with mirrors that run the full length from the molding to the baseboard.