basicallyadverbuk us /ˈbeɪ.sɪ.kəl.i/
- She has a conception of people as being basically good.
- The party's principles are basically egalitarian.
- The plots of his books are basically all the same.
- She's made one or two slips - mainly spelling errors - but it's basically well written.
- It was basically a selfish act, though no doubt a sophist would argue that it was done for the general good.
- a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do idiom
- be a question of doing sth idiom
- on a need-to-know basis idiom
- owe it to yourself idiom