bathernoun [ C ]uk /ˈbeɪ.ðər/ us /ˈbeɪ.ðɚ/ UK
Examples from literature
- As it was, the bathers came back with their clothes wet through.
- I noticed that the water did not reach further than the bathers' stomachs.
- One day the waves seemed to viciously break near the shore, and the bathers all followed the rope out to where there were swells instead of breakers.
- Shouting, "I come," I raised my hands above my head and dived as a bather dives, dived into the black gulf beneath.
- Swimmers and bathers are often badly stung by this strange animal and its relatives.
- The last bather came from the brook, refreshed by the cooling waters and adorned with flowers.
- The room was empty, and Hugh crossed to examine a beautiful little marble statuette of a girl bather, with her arms raised and about to dive.