batmannoun [ C ]uk /ˈbæt.mən/ us /ˈbæt.mən/ plural -men uk /-mən/ us
Examples from literature
- Meanwhile he is whistling, and his batman is making sparks fly out of the buttons, which he cleans with glass-paper and gun-cotton just outside the door.
- So I told my batman to get hot water brought there in the mornings.
- Then, as time went on, I was able to get a man to take over the duties of a batman, and I finally obtained a chauffeur to run my side-car.
- There I was met by the General's grand old batman.
- You should have seen me this morning, sitting on the gun-seat while my batman cut my hair.