battalionnoun [ C ]uk /bəˈtæl.i.ən/ us /bəˈtæl.i.ən/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- But these men were carrying guns and were formed in battalions and regiments.
- I have lost every friend I have got in the battalion, except Neil here and you.
- I met a young officer of the machine-gun battalion, and lending him my glasses pointed out where the Germans were massing.
- In July the battalion was relieved from this brigade and attached directly to corps headquarters.
- The battalion had no losses.