battlenoun [C]uk /ˈbæt.əl/ us /ˈbæt̬.əl/
battle noun [C] (FIGHT)
- During the war, he saw many of his comrades fall in battle.
- They've been engaged in a legal battle with the council for several months.
- We will be flying 100 badly wounded civilians out of the battle zone tonight.
- She has fought a constant battle with depression throughout her career.
- In the battle to retake the village, over 150 soldiers were killed.
battle noun [C] (ARGUMENT)
battle noun [C] (EFFORT)
battleverb [I]uk /ˈbæt.əl/ us /ˈbæt̬.əl/
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: