bearverbuk /beər/ us /ber/ (bore, borne or US also born)
bear verb (ACCEPT)
- I can't bear this stifling humidity.
- I can't bear it when someone starts ramming their views down your throat.
- "I can't bear to see good victuals wasted," said Martha.
- My mother couldn't bear waste - she always made us eat everything on our plates.
- I put my hands over my eyes because I couldn't bear to watch.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
bear verb (HAVE)
bear verb (SUPPORT)
bear verb (PRODUCE)
bear verb (BRING)
bear verb (CHANGE DIRECTION)
bear verb (SAY)
bearnoun [C]uk /beər/ us /ber/
bear noun [C] (ANIMAL)
bear noun [C] (FINANCE)