bedside tablenoun [ C ]uk /ˌbed.saɪd ˈteɪ.bəl/ us /ˌbed.saɪd ˈteɪ.bəl/ US also nightstand, night table
Examples from literature
- Honor put him impatiently aside and examined the medicine bottle on the bedside table.
- I reached over to the bedside table and found my cigarettes.
- No secret drawers in desk or dressing-table or bedside table.
- She brought the pink hyacinth in its pot, too, and placed it on the bedside table.
- She put a heavy silver bag on the bedside table and lowered herself into a chair.