bedsteadnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbed.sted/ us /ˈbed.sted/
Examples from literature
- Piece by piece her furniture was sold to supply their wants, until nothing was left in the room but a solitary bedstead.
- The poor woman told him that she had been forced to sell her bedstead the year before to buy food.
- There being no bedstead she had flung down some rugs and made a little nest for herself in the very cramped quarters the closet afforded.
- There were no bedsteads, and but few blankets.
- We had two rooms with a bedstead and sofa, besides lots of chairs, mirrors, tables, and flower pots.