Examples from literature
- A knock brought a black-haired, beetle-browed person to the window.
- And pray, Madam, he continued, addressing the beetle-browed woman, "tell me the truth."
- He was an iron-faced, beetle-browed, stern man, and this morning he did not seem to be in the best of tempers.
- The other was a middle-sized, powerful fellow, clean shaven and beetle-browed, and dressed in shabby, ill-fitting garments.
- Thomas Bull, a large, beetle-browed youth, rose at once and inquired of their titled and aged visitor, a man of world-wide reputation, why he thought it funny to tell them fairy tales.