beetrootnoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈbiːt.ruːt/ us /ˈbiːt.ruːt/ UK US beet
Examples from literature
- All round the house there was a garden, crammed with flowers, and potatoes, and beetroots, and cabbages.
- Garnish with beetroot and parsley.
- Outside was an enclosed garden with cabbages, peas, beans, beetroots, onions, garlic, leeks, lettuce, watercress, hops, herbs, nut trees for oil, some flowers, and a fish pond and well.
- Slice the eggs and beetroot, and arrange alternate slices of egg and beetroot round the base of the potato snow.
- You can colour the sauce red by adding a little beetroot, and make the sauce hot by adding a little grated horse- radish.