beginnernoun [ C ]uk /bɪˈɡɪn.ər/ us /bɪˈɡɪn.ɚ/
- I would prefer not to leave this job to John while he's still a beginner.
- Their grammar guide is too difficult for a beginner but not detailed enough for an advanced student.
- His book is called 'Chess for Beginners'.
- Her piano teacher only teaches beginners, not people of Grade 3 and above.
- Don't worry if you're a beginner - the kit has simple step-by-step instructions to help you complete your first cross-stitch design.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words