behalfnounuk /bɪˈhɑːf/ us /bɪˈhæf/
- The executive of the health workers' union accepted the proposed pay increase on behalf of their members.
- He gave what amounted to an apology on behalf of his company.
- What a liberty, to refuse the invitation on your behalf, without even asking you!
- He's spending a lot of his time at the moment campaigning on behalf of the Conservative Party.
- The company was set up to buy and sell shares on behalf of investors.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: