Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- At the 1920 Olympics in Belgium, he broke the world record again.
- Some, like Belgium’s modern Princess Elisabeth Station, are only open during Antarctica’s summer months, November to February.
- All roads in Belgium were scummy with mud.
- At this time there were also many painters of landscape, marine, battles, still-life—in fact Belgium was alive with painters—but none of them was sufficiently great to call for individual mention.
- Nothing can be more delightful than the rural scenery of Belgium.
- Ruined by the war, Belgium was sorely tried by the Peace Conference.
- The German invasion of Belgium and France contributes, indeed, some of the blackest pages to its sombre annals.