believeverb [T]uk /bɪˈliːv/ us /bɪˈliːv/
- He claims to have met the president, but I don't believe him.
- I still believe that people are fundamentally good.
- I don't believe that story for a moment.
- It's hard to believe there's anything wrong with him - he looks so healthy.
- I don't believe they should have put him in prison. It isn't right.
- article of faith
- ascribe sth to sb
- believe in sth
- feel it in your bones idiom
- give sb the benefit of the doubt idiom
- incline to/towards sth
- seeing is believing idiom
- swear by sth
- take sb's word for it idiom
- take sth as read idiom