benzoic acidnoun [ U ]uk /benˌzəʊ.ɪk ˈæs.ɪd/ us /benˌzoʊ.ɪk ˈæs.ɪd/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Benzoic acid, as it exists in the resin, is the natural production of the plant from which the resin is derived.
- Dr. Gregory considers the following process for obtaining benzoic acid the most productive.
- If the solution of the salts of this acid is too dilute and warm, none or only a portion of the benzoic acid will be separated.
- Then procure a small quantity of benzoic acid, which exists in the shape of snowy crystals.
- These crystals, except for a slight sweetness of taste, correspond in characters and tests to benzoic acid.