betteradjectiveuk /ˈbet.ər/ us /ˈbet̬.ɚ/
- This car is far better than our old one.
- There's nothing better than fresh bread, straight from the oven.
- If we sit near the front of the bus, we'll have a better view.
- French croissants are so much better than the English ones.
- Her writing is better but there is still room for improvement.
betteradverbuk /ˈbet.ər/ us /ˈbet̬.ɚ/
- Stand over there and then you'll be able to see it better.
- This new microscope performs better than all of its competitors.
- I like simple food better than fancy dishes.
- If you'd taken more time over this essay, you could have done it much better.
- Many companies still treat their management staff better than their workers.
betternounuk /ˈbet.ər/ us /ˈbet̬.ɚ/
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: